FAQ - Ministry of Crab Official Website
Find answers to our most popular guest questions
- Do I need a reservation?
- Yes, due to high demand and limited crab supply it’s best to make a reservation.
- Are you open on holidays?
- We are open on all holidays with the exception of Poya Days (Full moon Holidays).
- Do you have a dress code?
- Casual or Smart Casual. Singlets (Tank tops) are strictly not allowed.
- Do you have specific seating times?
- Our seating times are as follows:
12.00 pm – 3.30 pm
5.00 pm – 7.00 pm |
6.00 pm – 8.00 pm |
7.15 pm – 9.15 pm |
8.30 pm onwards
- If I get late for my reservation, will you hold the table for me?
- Apart from the 8.30pm and 9.30pm settings we will not be able to hold your table for more than 15 minutes and longer delays will result in cancellation.
- Am I allowed to smoke in your restaurant?
- We are a non-smoking restaurant, but you can use the smoking area in the courtyard.
- Are you a Halal restaurant?
- We are not Halal certified, but we don't serve pork. We don't use any alcohol in our cooking either. Only our chicken is certified as Halal.
- Do you have a vegetarian menu?
- We have three vegetable sides and two vegetable rice dishes.
- Why don’t you serve soft drinks (fizzy colas)?
- Because they’re bad for you! Enjoy our amazing Iced Tea Soda, Centella (Green Juice) and Chilled Thambili (King Coconut Water).
- From where do you get your crabs?
- Our crabs are sourced from the Northern coastal belt of Sri Lanka and are export quality lagoon crabs.
- What is the most popular crab dish in your restaurant?
- It is a tie between the Garlic Chilli Crab and Pepper Crab!